you can see by deerhoof

Your legs don't work and you're caught in the light.
You can see through the walls so nothing is right.
There's a man in the cellar next door
And he's scratching the floor fifty miles away.
You didn't know him till today.

You're walking home and your heart has been drained.
But you're eyes have been newly trained.
And the roof is invisible now,
It's incredible how you were ever blind.
Now you will always find

Rooms are connected,
Eyes are perfected,
Hey now now hey now now you can see.

Something you shouldn't be ,
Something suddenly free,
What will happen now?
If the eyes are too strong,
The horizon's too long.
I can see I can see,
But mama says it's wrong.

In the night I'll lose it.
It's not right but I'll use it.
I can see I can see.

As my lungs fill with air,
The whole world is laid bare,
What will happen to me?
The warning says you can see
You will forever riddle.

No comments: