christmas evening write-up

I was going through old emails, and found this email I sent to a friend describing my Christmas dinner last year & think this would be a nice share.

____

Gourmet dessert chefs are called pastry chefs. Such a sad common name for such an intense practice.

Ming Su does my hair at super cuts.

Dinner was so amazing. Instead of their toasts, we all went around the room & shared our goals for 2012. Women are all about their looks & men are all about their money.

This was the first time in the 6 years of knowing them that they actually brought up the fact that they are looking for a man for me. I had been mulling over asking them if they know anyone - but would rather that stuff happen naturally. So i was pleasantly surprised to learn that its on their minds. The only people I'd trust to set me up would be them. It's the only marriage I see these days that actually looks like a lot of fun. Mostly because they are both actively making it work & they both have this traditional equal set-up of power that actually works.

Tess was a complete DOLL. She silently moved her chair next to mine & was the only child who stayed with the adults. She is 4. Her goal for 2012?
Play more with Anna.

It's just that basic.

Anise

No comments: